Happy Winter Solstice Holiday
"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.
I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make The world great. Not to imply that our world is necessarily greater than any other world nor the only world in the Milky Way or indeed any other galaxy.
Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the ‘wishee’.
By accepting these greetings, you are accepting the aforementioned terms as stated. This greeting is not subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself/himself/others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.
This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."
In related news, businesses have an unreasonable fear of C*****mas. One commenter introduces us to a fun little game to play this "holiday season": When someone wishes you a "happy holiday", simply ask them, "which one?"
- 69 articles in the chapter Savior
- 65 articles in the chapter Journeys
- 61 articles in the chapter Heart
- 59 articles in the chapter Blogging
- 50 articles in the chapter 0's and 1's
- 49 articles in the chapter Mind
- 44 articles in the chapter Kicks and Giggles
- 44 articles in the chapter The Pen
- 39 articles in the chapter Eyes
- 35 articles in the chapter Ears
- 35 articles in the chapter America
- 34 articles in the chapter Retrospection
- 28 articles in the chapter Miscellany
- 26 articles in the chapter Family Ties
- 19 articles in the chapter Friends
- 19 articles in the chapter World
- 16 articles in the chapter Movies
- 13 articles in the chapter 30 Day Challenge